Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce has been the pioneer in imparting commerce education for over seven decades. The Department offers excellent course structure with the choice of electives.
The course structure encompasses Accounting, Finance, Banking, Taxation, HR, Marketing, Business Laws and computer applications. Training in soft skills and personality development, placement opportunities are the added features.
The Department also offers value addition programs to enable students to pursue professional courses such as ACCA, CA, CS, MBA and law.
The department holds annual seminars / workshops for the benefits of students and teachers. It also organizes national level inter collegiate talent fest – ACME. It publishes biannual news letter – ASCENT. The department has signed MOU with Trisha Institute to train the students in CPT, IPCE, CS and ICWA.
- Mr Sudhir Shetty – Chartered Accountant – UAE Exchange.
- Mr Giridhar Prabhu – Industrialist and Former President of Canara Chamber of Commerce.
- Mr Gerald D’Souza – President, Mangalore Stock Exchange.
- Mr Shyam Chandra Bhat – South Zone Cricket Player.
- Mr Vivian Fernandes – CNN –IBN Correspondent.
The department offers three years B.Com programme under the following specialization
- Bachelor of Commerce.
- Bachelor of Commerce Professional : Round the clock training imparted to appear for CPT, IPCE, CS and ICWA
- Bachelor of Commerce with special ACCA embedded programme : The programme entails a student to complete the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualification and B.Sc in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University.
- Bachelor of Commerce integrated with CAT / MAT coaching.
|B.Com Semester I – Financial Accounting-I, International Financial Accounting (opt), Business Economics, Business Statistics, Organizational Behaviour.||B.Com Semester II – Financial Accounting-II, Bank Management, Business Mathematics, Economic Environment.|
|B.Com Semester III – Financial Accounting –III, Principles of Marketing, Income Tax –I, Cost Accounting –I.||B.Com Semester IV – Financial Accounting –IV, Principles of Financial Management, Income Tax –II, Cost Accounting – II, Fundamentals of Information Technology.|
B.Com Semester V – Corporate Accounting – I, International Business, Principles and Practice of Auditing, Business Law, Management Accounting Optional Paper – I, Optional Paper – II.
B.Com Semester V (opt – I):
B.Com Semester VI – Corporate Accounting –II, Foreign Exchange Management, Investment Management, Corporate Law and Governance, Strategic Financial Management, Project or Entrepreneurship, Optional Paper –III, Optional Paper –IV.
B.Com Semester VI (opt):